On November 8th, the French Cheese Board hosted influencers for a cheese pairing with Roni-Sue’s fall chocolate truffles, led by Rhonda Kave.
There were 5 pairings for each guest to try:
- Caramel Apple & Bleu d’Auvergne: Bleu d’Auvergne with its firm, buttery, and slightly supple texture paired with the sweetness of the caramel apple chocolate truffle combine fruity notes with woody tangy highlights.
- Pomegranate & Chabichou: The slight tartness of the pomegranate with the dark chocolate is a good match with the tangy flavor of Chabichou.
- Cranberry & L’Explorateur: The triple crème Explorateur, with its mild mushroom notes complements the fruity acidity of the luscious cranberry ganache.
- Pumpkin Spice & Extra Aged Mimolette: The 18 month savory Mimolette balances the warm spice and sweetness of the pumpkin. Very comforting. Sweet & savory.
- Pecan Pie & Reblochon: The semi-soft texture and nuttiness of the Reblochon mimics the same notes in the pecan pie chocolate truffle playing off the nuttiness of the pecan and the texture of the filling itself. Sweet & savory.
Try these combinations yourself by purchasing cheese at our shop at 41 Spring Street and from Roni-Sue’s Chocolates at 148 Forsyth Street.